Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whimsical, Rustic and Oh So Charming - Artisan Lampwork Glass Necklace - A Glass Artists Collaboration




I am a member of the Etsy Glass Artists Street Team and as such I have become involved in a collaboration project with Kristy Kempinger of chickadeebeads. We traded beads a couple months ago and combined them with our own creations to create a collaboration item to sell. I am still working on my projects so continue to check back for that as well. So here is Kristy's creation and her description of it. It is just beautiful.


I love combining a little of this with a little of that and ending up with alot of oh how I love it! Little glass beads, a turquoise nugget, and my handstamped sterling charm all dangle from a fine silver ring that I fused then hammered, brushed and stamped with whimsical stars and squiggly designs. I love that the process of working with the fine silver still shows~a tad on the rustic side. It's original and true, just like everything in life should be. The hand dyed silk ribbon necklace (by Etsy id 'jamnglass') is approx 20 inches in length and simply ties behind the neck. The ends are finished in simple knots with Greek ceramic beads (Etsy id 'na0sglass') that have been coated in silver. Pendant clusters hang approx 1 1/2 inches from the ribbon.Thanks to Pam Dansie (Etsy id 'mycabincreations') for the extra little sky blue glass bead that has now found a home!

No comments: