Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Glass Artists Collaboration - Eclectic Earth - Lampwork Glass Necklace






I am a member of the Etsy Glass Artists Street Team and as such I have become involved in a collaboration project with Kristy Kempinger of chickadeebeads. We traded beads a couple months ago and combined them with our own creations to create a collaboration item to sell. I am still working on my projects so continue to check back for that as well. So here is Kristy's creation and her description of it. It is just beautiful.

Earthy with a splash of color, this necklace features the work of two members of the Etsy Glass Artists Street Team (EGA)! Inspired by the beads of glass artist Pam of Etsy shop 'mycabincreations', I envisioned a rustic and eclectic piece that would incorporate both copper and silver. Pam's gorgeous pillow bead was created with ivory glass and features layered dots of metallic copper green and mosaic green. The focal I created with a type of glass that when worked a certain way in the torch, creates tiny bubbles on the surface that give it a lovely texture and an aged appearance. I then wrapped subtle stripes of shades of sage, caramel and a hint of blues around it. The cluster of beads hangs from a fine silver ring that I fused, hammered and brushed for a nice rustic, matte appearance. Copper and silver Greek ceramic beads, my own fine silver hammered and brushed hook clasp, and a gorgeous brown hand dyed silk ribbon that has just a bit of a bronze sheen finishes the piece. Silk ribbon necklace is approx 20 inches in length. Pendant cluster hangs approx 2 1/4 inch from the silver ring.

3 comments:

sandy said...

Pam this is great. I didn't know foe sure which bead was yours. Keep up the good work. Love Mom

Tara said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I love how original the beads are, and they go so well together.

Wild Sage Lampwork said...

I think she did a really great job! Thanks Pam