Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Aquarium and Fishies and Pie











My husband and I took our granddaughter to the local aquarium last Saturday and I got some inspiration for making a few fishies as a bonus. They are listed in my Etsy shop for purchase.
I am also learning how to knit and thought I would keep a little photo diary of my progress on here. I knitted a scarf in the 6th grade and that is the last time I did it. So it is fun to try again. I made a hat on round needles and now I am working on a pair of socks. Ambitious I know! A friend of mine sent me some much needed instructions and offered help should I need it. She also said that I should have no problem. I'm not sure she heard me when I said I just started. =)
So here is the first sock and I am getting a little nervous because I have only about one more inch before I have to do the heel. Wish me luck!
Cami (granddaughter) and I made a couple of cherry pies after the trip to the aquarium. Handing down my grandma's recipe (altho she is a little young yet). She had a lot of fun making cut outs for the top as you can see.

No comments: