Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Year End Clearance Sale and Everything Else

I just made a special section in my Etsy store with Year End Clearance items. There is a little bit of everything in there. Bead sets, pandora beads, focals, etc. Just stuff that needs to get cleared out to make way for all my new creations.
I just ordered a few pounds of glass and am anxious to try out new things. I got some more of the Double Helix glass to play with. It is so much fun when it works right and turns the colors that you want it to.
Just trying to get ready for Christmas as is everyone. Got all the cookies made. I did the decorated sugar cookies with my granddaughter and then just made a few regular kinds. I made peanut butter - it seems like years since I had a peanut butter cookie - Yum! I made snickerdoodles when what I really was thinking I was making was russian tea cakes. I don't know how I got those mixed up. I also made a batch of shortbread. It is really good too. Sent a dish of goodies to both of my neighbors and brought a plate to work. Came in last night and it was GONE!!! Sheesh. I am glad they liked them.
Need to finish getting the presents wrapped this weekend. Also haven't got my Christmas cards done....ARRGH.. Not my favorite thing to do.
I have been working on trying to improve my photos for my shop on 1000Markets. I have a few more things I need to list there just need time to get the pics taken etc.
My husband Dale does woodturning and the other night as I was just about asleep I had a thought - wooden beads - So the next day I asked him if he thought he could make a few. All I can say is WOW! Those are the pics I need to get done and list. He made two beads out of Olive wood with brass tubing in the center that I hammered over and made pretty. Then I made some brass lined beads to match. These aren't your grandma's macrame beads by any means. I can't wait for you to see them... Soon I promise.
Well I think that is all for now. I am at work and better get busy with the work, what little there is at 2 in the morning. Ta

No comments: