Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lampwork and Wood Pens



This is something new that my husband and I came up with. He makes hand turned wood pens and I make lampwork beads so we decided to try and mix the two. This pen is made with tulipwood. Here is what google has to say about the wood - The heartwood is a beautiful pink-yellow with a pronounced striped figure in varying shades of Salmon pink and rose red. The grain is straight but more often irregular, with a fine texture.My husband decided to use this wood after I made the red bead. I believe it is made with a red sangre glass and it is somewhat transparent but not entirely, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I think it really makes the grain of the pen stand out.This would be a great gift for a journaler or a teacher or anyone that likes to write, of course. :)It measures 5 1/4 inches long and is a twist type mechanism with black ink. Click on the picture to go directly to the listing on Etsy. Thanks Pam

2 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Great idea Pam. I was gifted a hand turned pen not long ago, it's my favorite, I love the idea of the added bead!

Wild Sage Lampwork said...

Thanks.. My husband does a terrific job with the wood.